Monday, November 19, 2012

Twice a Bride by Mona Hodgson

Love lost doesn’t mean love lost forever.
Can unexpected romance deliver a second chance for two deserving widows?

Full of resolve, young widow Willow Peterson decides to pursue her dreams to be an artist as she settles into a new life in the growing mountain town of Cripple Creek.  When she lands a job working as a portrait painter with handsome entrepreneur and photographer Trenton Van Der Veer, the road before Willow seems to be taking a better-than-anticipated turn.

With questions tugging at several hearts in town, including the Sinclair Sisters’ beloved Miss Hattie, change is traveling down the tracks as several unexpected visitors make their way out West.  Will the new arrivals threaten the deep family bonds of the Sinclair sisters and the roots of love that are just taking hold for Willow?   

Filled with the resonating questions that all women face, this romance awakens hope against grief, love against loss, and dreams against life’s unexpected turns.


My Thoughts:

I cannot repeat too many times how much I LOVE Mona Hodgson! I fell in love with her as an author when my Christian Fiction Book Club read Two Brides Too Many a few months ago. I voraciously devoured the rest of the Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek series and this novel was the perfect end to a fantastic set of reads!

Cripple Creek is the ideal setting for these novels - and Ms. Hodgson does a fantastic job of sprinkling the setting in just enough to paint a breathtaking picture. I love the details of the mountains and train coming in and out of town.

The Sinclair sisters have always been characters near and dear to my heart and in Twice a Bride, the addition of Willow really does add a new dimension.

My favorite parts of this novel were the attention to detail - down to the dresses and handbags the women carried. Ms. Hodgson has a way with words and I was swept back in time to walk the streets of Cripple Creek!

I so look forward to what comes next - this series is a keeper for me and I am sincerely grateful to WaterBrook Multnomah for supplying me with this novel to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment