Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pioneering Today: Faith and Home the Old Fashioned Way by Melissa K. Norris

I just have to share this book with you - I haven't even read it yet, only the foreword and I know it is a true gem!  Keep reading, you'll know what I mean...here is what the author shares:

When I sat down to write this book, I thought it was going to be a straight tutorial, cookbook, and do-it-yourself handbook for country living.  I believe God chuckles every time I try to yank the reins out of His hands.

I became more emotional and choked up writing this book than any other project I authored.  God used the following chapters to remind me of His goodness, to show me how far He has brought me.  Scars deep in my heart were brought forth, things I thought I'd long gotten over, and He whispered a kiss over them.  Those ugly painful areas in our lives, those are the places only He can bring beauty and healing to, if we choose to let Him.

I pray that you'll experience your own healing as you read this book.  That you'll see God in a new light and find Him in new places.  Above the hands on practical lessons, my heart's cry is that you experience Jesus and His love in every aspect of your life, from tending the garden, to cooking daily meals.  May He permeate every moment of our lives.

Read more at Melissa K. Norris's blog: http://melissaknorris.com/

Purchase Pioneering Today HERE

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, you made me tear up. I'm so happy that my words (His words) have touched you. I'm excited to see what you think about the rest of the book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete