Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Day


Normally, we teachers love a good snow day - a day off work to stay at home and drink that warm cup of coffee that is normally rushed in the chaos of a school day?  Yes indeed!  Snow days used to hold their spell over me, but that has changed a bit.  Now I find myself aching for that warm cup of coffee that I can't seem to fit in because of the two little rugrats that are demanding my attention from 5:00 a.m. on.




So far today we have played Spongebob Memory, played trucks, dinosaurs, and "made a Dora puzzle" as my two-year old says, used our new Lightning McQueen stamps, thrown a truck with blocks through the air at a high rate of speed, and watched Dora Slumber Party.  I have only managed to do two loads of laundry and unload and reload the dishwasher.


I am fondly remembering those days when I woke up, stayed in my pajamas all day, cuddled up with a great book and a cup of coffee.  It makes me remember a song from my childhood that I still love to this day....

Grandpa, Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days

No comments:

Post a Comment