Sunday, January 16, 2011

Asleep at the Wheel of Life

I am tired...so very tired.  I know you wouldn't think that could be the entire basis for a blog post, but I feel the need to pour it out (and at least this way, my friends won't have to listen to me complain!)  I am not sure how many more nights I can go on like this, waking up with a one-year-old WHO SHOULD BE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!  Or a two-year-old, who fights and fights at nap time WHO SHOULD BE USED TO THIS BY NOW! 
When I first found out we were going to be parents, I was so sure that MY KIDS would be different, and they would listen to everything I told them, always go to bed early and sleep later, eat all their supper, you get the drift.  I now find myself begging, pleading, bribing, coaxing, and yes, sometimes spanking to get my point across.  Who would have thought that one would need the skills of superwoman for this job?

I even looked at my husband the other day and declared that I was taking a nap, I didn't care what he had to do...when did I start acting a little bit like my two-year-old? 

I know all the moms out there can relate to this, and it makes me think of a quote I read recently:

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable."  ~Lane Olinghouse


Isn't that the truth!


2 comments:

  1. Love it....I have a pix of my two boys almost exactly like yours. Too funny! And yes - I can relate - been there, done that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look back at the time I had 4 teenagers in the house. I had energy then, where did it go? I listen to the stories of young mothers and it really keeps my life in perspective. When I think I am having a bad day, I think of how it could be. Small children begging for all of your attention. I honor you all. Lindsay you make it look so easy!! You are a superperson!!

    ReplyDelete