Saturday, February 12, 2011

On Top of Laundry Mountain

If you have seen Dora the Explorer you know that she is always on a mission somewhere and has to travel according to her "Map." She frequently encounters places such as Crocodile Lake, Dancing Forest, Windy River, and Snowy Mountain.

Boy #1 frequently uses his imagination to pretend that these places are in our house, and I was amused to recently hear him apply them to a real life landmark that is actually here.

Anyone with a young family knows just how overwhelming laundry can be, and my house is no exception. On any given week, I have anywhere from 5-10 loads, and that is no exaggeration. I am not sure how one is expected to keep up with that, and everything else it takes to keep a household going and I would be lying if I said that I am able to. I am actually one to just shut the laundry room door, out of sight, out of mind, right? Or I end up spending my whole weekend trying to tackle the laundry problem.

The other day we pried the door open and laundry came tumbling out and Boy #1 scrambled to the top of the massive heap and declared, "Look Mommy, I am on top of LAUNDRY MOUNTAIN!!!"

Yes son, you are...get your hiking boots out because that slope is only going to get higher.

DISCLAIMER: No that is not an actual picture of MY Laundry Mountain, but after a quick Google image search I am relieved to know that others have experienced this phenomenon in their house as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment