Saturday, March 10, 2012

And A Pot of Gold?

I am one proud gal in the kitchen today just in time for St, Patrick's Day - I experimented and created something beautiful and fun (which with two boys is ultra-important.)  Even my husband got in on the fun...

Step 1 - We started with a box of vanilla cake mix - I divided it into five bowls (I will do more next time, as I was a little bummed about choosing purple and not having any red.)



See?  I needed some red...



Step 2 - Pour the batter into the cups, alternating between the colors - I used a separate spoon for each color so it didn't mix too much.  I just randomly put it all in.




Step 3 - Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes.



Step 4 - Try to keep the little ones OFF of the not cooled cupcakes, this is hard to do!


Step 5 - My son insisted on getting the variety pack of sprinkles...I thought it was overkill but it ended up being fun - we all got to design ours a little differently!


Look how beautiful these little beauties turned out...




And the kids were happy, which is what it is all about!



No comments:

Post a Comment