Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Happy Friday! I am participating in three different blog "hops" this week - so welcome :) TGIF is hosted by GReads! Her question this week is:

Back to the beginning...what was the first book you ever reviewed on your blog?

The very first book I reviewed for this blog was Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. I loved that book, and am eagerly awaiting the final book of the trilogy - Ashes.

Next there is the Book Blogger Hop hosted by crazy-for-books.com, another great book blog to check out...her question this week is:


If you were given the chance to spend ONE day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and where would it be?

If I could be in a ficional world for one day it would be in Manifest, Kansas during the late 1930s to early 1940s. This quiet town was touched by the effects of WWII and it absolutely made the novel.

Friday's are also Follow Friday over at parajunkee.com and while I am not that into paranormal young adult lit, her blog is awesome :) This week's question is:

Name 5 quirky habits that you have...everyone has them!

-I read magazines backwards, never from the front

-I say "itch" instead of "scratch" (I know, this is ultra-weird)

-I refuse to update my cell-phone that is 5 years old (25 in technology years)

-I am superstitious, believe in karma, and always sleep with the same yellow sofa pillow

-One of my students told me that I "chew" my coffee - it's true, for some reason it appears that I am chewing it after I take a sip

Have a great weekend, and HAPPY READING!


15 comments:

  1. I have only read Speak & Twisted by LHA - both of which I loved!! TGIF & happy weekend to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via Follow Friday. I'm following you now.

    You aren't alone with the old cell phone, mine is at least 5 years old as well.

    Happy Friday! I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also read magazines backwards, and newspapers too!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm following you now.
    Have a nice day,
    Brie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what chewing coffee would look like!

    Jules

    Feel free to stop by my blog - http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by and now following, too!
    Cute blog - I'll be sure to return :):)

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms. C
    http://coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/hops-follows_19.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your blog - so pretty!

    The book sounds interesting but I am not really into historical reading.

    Gotta say again LOVE the blog!

    Please stop by mine - http://blogabooketc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL i say itch too! My bf thinks i'm crazy. I'm like hey will you itch my back haha. Thanks for following i'm following back. Happy FF!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost never read magazines in order, either. Usually I look at the cover to see what article I would most like to read, find that, then skip around. And I rarely read the whole thing.

    Hopping through, old follower.. I hope you have a great weekend!
    Amanda
    glowsnoveladdiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    I love your quirky habits, I believe in Karma too and good luck charms.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of best friends chews her drinks as well! I've seen her do it a million times! And my cell phone is 4 years old, you are not alone lol. Happy Friday!

    ~Loren
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve seen a lot of great picks and gathered some fresh titles to add to my ever-growing TBR list. My answer will probably stun most people because the world I picked is a place most people would be scared to death of and try to escape from. Me? I want in.

    Hop on over to my blog and be prepared for the unexpected – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do you read magazines backwards. I think that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. I often say itch instead of scratch too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for stopping by at my blog, I'm now following you :)
    I love your quirk about reading magazines backwards and how does one 'chew' coffee? I'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been paging through your blog and I've decided that I really like your reviews! They're completely honest and thorough. You read some really interesting-looking books as well! I'm a new follower of yours.

    If you would like to stop by for a visit sometime, I'd really appreciate that!

    http://judesenglish10.blogspot.com

    Have a lovely weekend!

    --Jude

    ReplyDelete