Friday, August 12, 2011

Blog Hop & Follow Friday - 8/12

Happy Happy Friday! I am participating in two different blog "hops/follows" this week - so welcome :)

First, there is the Book Blogger Hop hosted by, another great book blog to check out...her question this week is:

What are the books in your collection with the craziest book titles?

I don't have this title, but I found it online and thought it was so hysterical I wanted to share:

Maybe it's the pose, maybe it's the 80s look, maybe it is ridiculous that a book would be putting the blonde, blue-eyed, cute male as what everybody wants to be. I mean, can they be more enthralled with him? Geez...

Friday's are also Follow Friday over at and while I am not that into paranormal young adult lit, her blog is awesome :) This week's question is:

How have your reading habits changed since you were a kid?

I have been through "reading phases" in my life - I read a ton as a child, not as much as a teen, none (except required textbook reading) in college, and as an adult I cannot get enough. Now I teach middle school and an challenged everyday to get my teens to pick up a book when I know it was nearly the last thing I wanted to do too. An uphill battle, but one worth fighting and I will never give up the fight.

Have a great weekend, and HAPPY READING!


  1. I think I was the only one in middle school through high school who actually loved teh Sustained Silent Reading time we had in our English class! It was 15 minutes everyday and I sooo wanted more time than that! 15 minutes might have me in a middle of a chapter! Could not believe how much people hated it and I was always the one reading!

    Even during Academic lab that we had in high school I rarely had homework to work on. And if I did I got it done pretty quick and would be reading! 90 minutes of reading! Might have socialized a little which was against the rules! But still I always and still always have a book with me no matter what!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

  2. Hi, just hopping on by. That book is so cheesy looking, is it still available with that cover? Have a great weekend.

  3. I start college next week, so hopefully I can keep up my reading habits there too!!! That's great you encourage your kids to read :) I think I started my avid reading in middle school too. Great post!

    Here's my FF!

  4. Great post & Great blog! I'm a new follower! I, too, went through reading phases. Thank goodness so much has improved!

    Here's my FF:

    Also, here's my most recent giveaway:

  5. Hi,

    Hopping through from the Book Blogger Hop. New follower. Pretty blog!
    That's a great title and cover!


  6. Visiting from the hop:) This is a cool title. Have a great weekend!

    Beyond Strange New Words

  7. Just stopping by to share some Friday blog love. Come and join Read My Review on my blog which currently has a Outdoors theme. Hope you have a great weekend!
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

  8. I easily came up with five crazy book titles just by taking a fast look at my bookshelf.

    All five come from the same book series. Can you guess which series it is?

    Here’s a hint – The book series is a trilogy in five parts.

    Hop on over to my blog for the answer –

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story

  9. That book is so funny. Definitely looks like it is from the 80's. Friday Post!

  10. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka

  11. What a title an amazing cover too ;)
    Visiting via Book Blogger Hop. I am your new GFC. I always follow. Stop by and see what crazy title I chose.