Wednesday, November 23, 2011

True Grime by Natasha Deen - REVIEW

I had the pleasure of reading a great new book by Natasha Deen - True Grime.  This was all about faeries and fantasy and it really did capture and keep my interest as a reader!

Let me begin my review by stating how darn creative this author is!  I am captivated by her wild imagination and by how much of it she put into this novel.  I am insanely jealous as she put onto the pages of this novel gadgets, characters and a story that I could not even begin to imagine.

I loved the idea of characters entering the human world on a mission...and I always appreciate a storyline that tests the characters ability to "mesh" with the human experience.  Pepper's experiences in particular were hilarious and entertaining.  While some other reviews I have read mentioned that Pepper was a difficult character to identify with at first, I thought exactly the opposite.  I loved her from the jump and knew she would either make or break this novel - she made it!

The author does a great job introducing a whole spectrum of characters that entice the reader's imagination and stretch the limits of what we think we know.  I enjoyed each and every one of them as they came in and out of the story.

I highly recommend this fantasy adventure to my blog readers - you won't be disappointed.  Additionally, as a middle-school teacher I can see my students really enjoying this read too.  This is something that they would really get into!

1 comment:

  1. WOW--Lindsay, thank you so much for the amazing review. I'm beyond thrilled that you enjoyed the book (definitely gives me the boost to finish the second book in the series.) :-)

    So you & your readers know, if you post a review of Grime between now and Dec. 5th to Goodreads or Amazon, your name is entered to win an Amazon gift card (just in time for the holidays--a treat for you or a loved one ;-)). For the full details, head here: http://natashadeen.com/index.php/home

    Thanks again, Lindsay. You made my night. :D

    ReplyDelete