Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Loves Nook, Nook Loves Boy

If you follow this blog at all you know that I recently received a Nook. I am obsessed with it, and it absolutely has revolutionized how reading fits into my schedule. However, I am not the only one who loves this captivating electronic device.

Needless to say, I probably have just as many children's books on here as I do adult books, and Boy #1 is quite adept at navigating his way right to what he wants.

Recently, we downloaded Jack and the Beanstalk, and the new game is to search for giants in the woods on the way to school in the mornings. Since our drive is before the sun comes up, and along a two lane back road, it makes it extra fun to see if we spot these elusive beings on the roadside.

We have downloaded so many other great reads, but Boy #1's favorites are the "Read to Me." These books will actually read out loud to him as he swipes the pages - too neat!

Momma ends up checking barnesandnoble.com everyday just to catch deals, because they are updated daily and if you don't keep up with it, you miss them.

As awesome as the Nook is, it does not deter us from the library, where we still make weekly visits. There is nothing like a real library book to hold in your hands.

This device is such a great alternative to video games (which I loathe, and have sworn that my boys will NOT have). It has been a lifesaver in doctor's offices, in the car, and while I am trying to get dinner cooked.

My boy loves this Nook :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment