Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Celtic Woman Experience

Mom and I went to the Landmark Theater last night to see Celtic Woman who are currently on their Songs From the Heart Tour - WOW! I am still in awe of the experience, and so thankful for the oppotunity to see them. If you haven't had the chance it is such an experience.

I think the absolute best part of the concert is that it is such a wholesome, enjoyable, and pure form of entertainment. In a world where obscenities fly, negativity gets the most attention, and being provocative and unpure is popular, it was refreshing to see actual singing talent on the stage without the usual junk that goes along with music these days. I don't know about you, but I have had enough of Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and all of the other popular artists who are only able to produce hits when their voices are enhanced with technology. I find myself craving music and entertainment that most people in mainstream culture would find unpopular.

It became clear as soon as the show started that the favorite was the violinist, Mairead. She was a small blonde who jumped ALL OVER the stage as she played her heart out. It has been a while since I have witnessed talent like hers.

The singing was beautiful and the instruments were so exotic and truly came alive when they were playing. Drums of every variety, bagpipes, and a whole host of other instruments that I won't even pretend to know.

True musical talent is hard to come by these days, but this group is absolutely one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment