Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top Twelve Tuesday - Reading Wisdoms

It's Top "Twelve" Tuesday again, my take on Top Ten Tuesday, and I have something I think is super interesting...reading wisdoms that any reader will enjoy! My favorite is #9...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and the Bookish and while the idea for my post is from there, I always change the topic question to something I read or discover...

Reading Wisdoms

1. The illiterate of the future is not who cannot read or write, but one who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. Alvin Toffler

2. To read without reflecting is like eating withuot digesting. Edmund Burke

3. In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. Eric Hoffer

4. A person who doesn't read is no better off than a person who can't read. Mark Twain

5. 'Tis the good reader that makes the good book. Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Literature is no one's private ground, literature is common ground; let us trespass freely and fearlessly and find our way for ourselves. Virginia Wolfe

7. A book must be an ax to break the frozen sea within us. Franz Kafka

8. The reading of all great books is like conversation with the finest men of past centuries. Rene Descartes

9. A man is known by the company his mind keeps. Thomas Bailey Aldrich

10. We don't always choose the books we read...sometimes they choose us. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

11. I read my way out of poverty long before I worked myself out of poverty. Walter Anderson

12. The only things worth reading are things you don't understand. Sheridan Blau

Credit: Reading Reasons: Motivational Mini-Lessons for Middle and High School by Kelly Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment