Saturday, June 18, 2011

Steadily Reading Saturday - Short Story, Check! Novel, Still Plugging Along...

Steadily Reading Saturday, a weekly meme hosted here is a time to reflect on what I have been steadily reading throughout the week and weekend.

I started and finished a short story this morning called "Missus Buck" by Katrina Parker Williams. My review of that can be found here. I did like the story and am anxious to read her book Trouble Down South and Other Stories which should be arriving from amazon.com this week.

I am also still steadily reading Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus. I really like this book, and am really taken with the fact that it based on a true story. The differences that the novel shows between American and Japanese culture are profound, and I am particularly enjoying the illustrations that the book includes. Most are hand drawings done by the main character and his perspective of what he is experiencing is fascinating.

So, I will be attending a wedding tonight, so no reading, but I will surely be back to steadily reading tomorrow...have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment