Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Heart of a Samurai

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading...it is a chance for bloggers and readers to share "teasers" from what they are currently reading in hopes to connect others with novels.

The rules are simple:

1-Grab whatever you are currently reading
2-Open to a random page
3-Choose two sentences/passages/teasers and post them
4-Remember not to give any "spoilers!"
5-Give the author/book information so that others can check it out

I am currently reading Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus. This is an excellent novel, and a Newberry Honor book so I am really getting into it.

Here are my teasers:

"It was the same saying in English, almost, Manjiro realized. Once, his friend Itch had told him to 'sleep on it' when he'd had a decision to make. Americans might not be so terribly different from us, he thought. 'Yes. I will take the advice of my pillow,' Manjiro said. 'I will sleep on it.'"

"Never did I know how many heathens there were loose in the world," said a familiar voice, "till I started to ship out on whalers. And never did I think I'd have to abide them on my own vessel!"

Happy Reading!


1 comment: